Sunday, October 10, 2010

Marvelous Mom - Kathleen - Love You More Jewelry Designs

It's Marvelous Mom Monday on the blog! Grab a cuppa joe and spend a few minutes getting to know Kathleen, the talent behind Love You More Designs. Her beautiful jewelry, created from upcycled vintage treasures, will surely warm the heart of someone on your Christmas gift list!

Tell us about yourself!

I’m a wife and mother of three who loves to create jewelry, scrapbook and dabble in home décor . I love to write and I especially love to blog!

What makes you unique as a woma
n?

I guess I’m unique in that I used to be a lawyer (gasp!) but I’m so far removed from that life now, and loving the ability to just be creative and not stress about the small stuff.

What do you love about kids?

I love that kids love unconditionally. I love that kids say the cutest and sometimes most outrageous things! I love that we can learn from our children every day. I love that kids are absolute sponges when it comes to learning new things.

What are you currently doing besides your creative craft?

HA! What else am I currently doing? I’m raising three kids, ages 11, 9 and 6. I make jewelry, scrapbook, teach Sunday School and blog like crazy whenever I can. Notice that house cleaning did not even make the list! Please don’t tell. What is the address for your Etsy Shop?

http://loveyoumoredesigns.etsy.com

What do you offer in your Etsy shop?

I offer unique vintage, repurposed shabby chic jewelry including charm bracelets, necklaces and earrings. I started out with a passion for charm bracelets but I was really surprised to find out how much I enjoy making charm necklaces as well.

Wh
ere do you create?

I create jewelry in my home craft room/studio.

Where do you find your
inspiration?

I find inspiration from some of my favorite jewelry design
ers as well as whatever vintage stuff I can get my hands on to repurpose. I love looking at an old piece of jewelry and asking myself, “Now what else can I make out of this?” Flea markets and barn sales rock!

How did you get started in your line of business?

I got started because of my daughters, really. They wanted me to help them create some simple jewelry pieces to sell one summer at the beach and I started from there and just kept going!

How do you promote your business?

I really don’t promote my shop like I know I should. My blog is one place where my shop gets some exposure. I also belong to a few social networks of artisans where I can promote my stuff. Etsy Teams are also a good way to put yourself out there.

Cha Cha Cha Charm Bracelet, $28.50


Halloween Charm Bracelet, $22.50

What is one of your most important lessons you've learned since starting your business?

One of the most important lessons I’ve learned since starting this business is that sales are icing on the cake, at least for me. I’m blessed in that I don’t have to do this to make a living so I can revel a bit more in the process of creating and enjoy blogging to its fullest without feeling the stress of having to sell. (But don’t get me wrong ~ I still do a real happy dance whenever one of my pieces sells! It’s great to know that others love your work, too.

What advice would you give someone just starting out?

My advice to someone just starting out would be to believe in yourself, really put yourself and your creations out there. Start a blog and you’ll be amazed to find how many new friends you’ll make!

What are some of your favorite online shops on and off Etsy?

On Etsy: two I really like are http://Silvivia.etsy.com (romantic, embellished fashions) and http://LesPetitsTresors.etsy.com (burlap and feedsack pillows). For jewelry supplies I love to shop at http://Ornamentea.com

What are your other sites?

My blog is at http://charmbraceletdiva.blogspot.com

Be sure to stop by Kathleen's Etsy shop and leave a comment here telling her which item is your favorite!