Monday, October 18, 2010

Marvelous Mom - Brooke - BabybyBrooke

It's Monday and you all know what that means here on the EtsyMom blog! Time to meet this week's Marvelous Mom. As many of us mommies know, it can be a little challenging to find just the right accessories for the little men in our lives...so if you are looking for one-of-a-kind, handcrafted items for your tyke, you will adore BabybyBrooke! This shop also has fun items like hair clips that would make super sweet stocking stuffers. Read on to find out more about the owner, Brooke, and her big dreams!


Tell us yourself!


I'm a 30 year old stay at home mom of two wild and crazy kiddos (2 and 4 – boy and girl) that make sure I never have a dull moment! I’ve been married for almost 9 ½ years to my best friend that I also claim as my third child (he’s a 5 year old at heart).

We live in beautiful, sunny Orange County California. I love all things artistic, creative, retro and unique and would love to one day make fun, modern yet modest wedding dresses (one day …… sigh).

What makes you unique as a woman?

I’m a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning or having things in their place (you never would guess that if you came over right now though! Ha ha!)

What do you love about Kids?

The crazy things t hat they say and all the energy they have! Who needs a tv when you have a toddler to entertain you?! I also admire how quick they are to forgive and how quick they can make new friends. My favorite thing about my kids though is their laugh and smile.

What are you currently doing besides your creative craft?

I’m an interior designer by trade and own an older home that’s in need of some major TLC – so I feel like I’m always doing something to “improve” my house. I recently painted our family room and hall closet and now am onto refurbishing furniture.

What is the address for your Etsy shop?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyByBrooke

What do you offer in your Etsy shop?

Currently – hair accessories, pacifier clips, little man ties, super hero capes and masks and toddler felt watches with more to come (like little man bow ties and button covered earrings)

Where do you create?

Mostly in my kitchen / dining room but once the kids are in bed I’ll venture out into the family room where the tv is.

Where do you find your inspiration?

Mostly from my kids and the things that they’re interested in along with my surroundings.

How did you get started in your line of business?

After I stopped working and became a full time mom, I was craving a creative outlet. Since I had my daughter my mind was geared towards her and babies. I started making pacifier clips and baby blankets then got introduced to bow making from some friends and it’s snowballed from there. I always wanted to have an etsy shop – or some way to be able to get my stuff out there but never did anything about it, life was always too crazy. So for Christmas last year my husband surprised me and set up my shop, picked the name and got it going for me so I no longer had an excuses.

How do you promote your business?


Still working on that!I recently just did my first giveaway and can’t wait to do more. I don’t have the time to devote to my shop like I’d like too (I have so much more then what is one my shop!) so I make up for it by doing boutiques. I’ve done 5 this year and have 2 more lined up before Christmas.

What is one of your most important lessons you've learned since starting your business?

Not to over commit myself or have unrealistic expectations – but to enjoy the ride!

What advice would you give someone just starting out?

Don’t stress about things and enjoy what you do.

What are some of your favorite online shops on and off Etsy?


http://www.etsy.com/shop/insanejellyfish?ref=seller_info

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ladramaqueen

http://www.etsy.com/shop/toybreaker?ref=seller_info


Brooke's Favorite Recent Listing: Felt Watch, $12.00

What are your other sites?

http://www.facebook.com/babybybrooke

Be sure to visit Brooke's Etsy shop and pick out your favorite item. Post a comment here letting her know why!