Monday, July 5, 2010

Marvelous Mom - Addy - Addybscakes

It’s Monday Morning!!!! And that means it’s time to get up close and personal with one of our EtsyMoms. Call us mompreneurs, work-at-home moms, domestic engineers…whatever the name…we take great care of our families and also carve out special time for our independently owned businesses. Today we will meet Adrienne, the incredibly talented owner of two Etsy shops, the especially sweet Addy B’s Cakes , to satisfy your sugar craving and Addy B’s Creations, eco-friendly apparel and accessories for you and your little ones. Come on! Let’s find out more…

My name is Adrienne Bibb, but everyone I know and love calls me Addy. I am a personal chef/cake designer. I am happily married to a wonderful guy of 13 years and have three gorgeous children that keep me very busy. Trystan is 13, my laid back, metal music lover, and Xbox junkie. Karastyn is 10, my spoiled diva that loves to craft as well. And, Jailen is 7, my boisterous, busy bodied child.

I have lived all over the place and learned a lot about people from each place. St. Paul, Minnesota, Ponchatoula, Louisiana, Montgomery, Alabama, Biloxi, Mississippi, Fairbanks, Alaska, St. Louis, Missouri, Cincinnati, Ohio and now, Savannah, Georgia. Loved Alaska!

I try to be as green as possible in everything I do. I collect cookbooks. I love thrift shops and yard sales. I'm also an avid reader and movie watcher. I’m addicted to Sudoku, coffee, and bacon, but not in that particular order.

What are you currently doing besides your creative craft?

I am also a full-time Sous Chef at a local restaurant here in Savannah.

What is the address for your Etsy shop?

I have two Etsy Shops.

Addy B’s Cakes – http://www.addybscakes.etsy.com/

Addy B’s Creations – http://www.addyb737.etsy.com/

What do you offer in your Etsy shop?

Addy B’s Cakes offers gourmet, homemade pound cakes in a wide variety of flavors.


Addy B’s Creations offers a few of the things I tinker around with. I generally use recycled or repurposed fabrics for clothing, handbags, and such.



Where do you create?

My cakes are made right in my kitchen! I am certified in food safety and sanitation so no worries of it being safe or clean. All of the clothing and such are made in my office at home, right at my desk.

Where do you find your inspiration?

I love to be creative and working on lots of projects. I love to eat and I love food. After graduating from culinary school, I decided that I love being a mom more than a celebrity chef, so I decided to work more on my cakes. So, I suppose my kids are my main inspiration. They also help with taste testing new flavors!

I grew up in the South (Louisiana) and my husband is from Alabama, so Southern desserts sort of became my specialty. I love to get inventive with pound cake recipes and see what new flavors I can come up with.

How did you get started in your line of business?

I started out baking cakes as a hobby. I would bring cake in to work or do a friend’s child’s birthday cake. After getting so many referrals from word of mouth, I decided that maybe I should started getting paid for this.

How do you promote your business?

Mostly word of mouth. I also use Twitter, Facebook, and my blog.

What is one of your most important lessons you've learned since starting your business?

Prioritize everything and keep a schedule! Otherwise, everything gets all jumbled up and customers won’t be happy with the results.

What advice would you give someone just starting out?

Be patient! Everything happens when it’s supposed to, not when you want it to.

What are some of your favorite online shops on and off Etsy?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyLovesPink

plus, I love urban outfitters, delias, and forever 21.

What are your other sites (i.e. Blogger, Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter)?

http://www.chefaddy.com/
Please visit her shops for many more selections! And don't forget to post a comment here to let her know how much you like her shop! http://addybscakes.etsy.com/ http://addyb737.etsy.com/