Friday, March 5, 2010

Marvelous Mom Weekly - HotLavaClothing

You can almost feel the warm sun, cool ocean breeze and sweet aroma of flowers and plants from the pictures on HotLavaClothing (http://hotlavaclothing.etsy.com/) That's what drew me to Tammy's store the first time I saw her pictures. And of course you can't miss the lovely kids and the beautiful outfits too! Since the first time I visited her store, I couldn't stop going back to check on her newest listings and every piece seems to be more and more adorable! Below we will learn what inspired her and get to know the little models in her pictures too!

Etsymom: Tammy, HotLavaClothing (http://hotlavaclothing.etsy.com/)

Inspiration:


Hot Lava Clothing offers an extensive clothing line for Girls at the moment and I’m building the Boys line- more will be up over the next month or so. Hawaii in itself is full of inspiration – beautiful colors, tropical landscape, ocean breezes, and a relaxed atmosphere. I love designing and creating clothes for my own kids and enjoy sharing them with others too.

Favorites in my Shop:

Its hard to pick just one or two, but a few of my favorites in my shop right now would be the “Spring Sweet Love 3 pc. Set”, “Boys On The Go Jeans”, and the “Floral Citrus Ruffle Tank and Skirt Set”.

“Spring Sweet Love” has a classic look that can go semi dressy to casual. I envision this piece being worn to a family get together, or a tea party in the garden. This is truly a sweet set. I will be adding a skirt to the collection too.
Girls 3pc Set Spring Sweet Love Top w/ Ruffle Capri Pants http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41607687

My 2 yr. old son is the inspiration behind “Boys on the Go Jeans”—he is on the go nonstop- climbing, scootering, on the big wheel trike—and of course chasing the older kids :) . The Planes, Trains, Helicopters motif on the pockets & cuffs are adorable while being “all boy” too. I’ll be adding a few more design/fabric options soon.
Boys On the Go Jeans http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41118737


Lastly, the “Floral Citrus Ruffle Tank and Skirt Set”—think lime, pink grapefruit and raspberry in a floral print on Linen. The tank top has a ruffled hem and accented with a V neckline with a natural shell button in pink.
Floral Citrus Linen Set http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41082944


Me, Family, Work, but not necessarily in that order :)

I am a “30 something” mom to 5 kids and have been fortunate enough to work from home for almost 9 years now. My work background is Retail Management/Buying, Home Mortgage Financing, and Real Estate. While I enjoyed each of those over the past 20 years, I found myself looking for something more creative. I tried scrapbooking, cardmaking, etc. but sewing quickly became not only my favorite but one that I could actually see as a business.

My husband and I have 2 girls & 3 boys- 2, 3, 5, 6, & 15 our house is a lively one! My kids love drawing, reading, & of course playing outside with our dogs, Halia & Kiawe, (pronounced Ha-lee-uh and Key-awe-vay).

Upcoming Promo:

March 5th through March 20th – “30 Something Sale”
I’ll be running specials at 30% off- take a peek at the shop announcement & special section!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HotLavaClothing