Thursday, September 27, 2007

Meet Whimsy by Jess!



Who are you?
My name is Jessica and I am the creator of Whimsy by Jess Nicole

What is your Etsy Shop Name/link?
My Etsy shop name is whimsybyjess

What tag categories do you specialize in?
My most common used tags or catergories are children, accessories
Do you create for children or adults, women or men?

What do you like about Etsy?
I love the opportunity that Etsy gives to artists and crafters of all skill levels and business levels! It's a great way to grow your business or get started selling online. Etsy has done both for me.

What do you like about creating?
More like, what don't I like :-) ! I love creating something with my hands that another person will enjoy. And, the feeling of accomplishment that comes with making things by hand.

What do you love about your business?
I love passing on my creations. I love using quality materials and taking great care with each piece I create so that my children's accessories and toys can be passed down from child to child.

What is your favorite product right now?
My favorite product at this time is my fruits and veggies! They are so fun to make. And, I'm getting great feedback from customers about them! I love the colors and the natural texture of the wool.

What makes you unique at Etsy?
I can say that I have yet to see anyone else on Etsy making crocheted crowns! These are my best sellers and I think that is because they are unique to my shop.

What makes you unique as a woman?
It's obvious that in our society today that passing down crafts, and making things by hand is not as wide spread as it once was, in my great-grandmother's day for instance. I for one, would like to pass down as many handmade crafts to my children as possible. It is important to our culture to have unique, handmade things. And to be self sufficent, not depending on the local mall to supply you with all your clothes, toys and everything else that can really be made by hand!
I know that I am not soley unique in this opinion, but I know that there aren't many of us left in this generation.

What do you love about Kids?
Children are truely amazing. I am constantly amazed by my son's ability to figure out problems and his memory boggles my mind sometimes! And, I know that my son is not unique in this, all children are so inteligent and can really just amaze you if you really pay attention.

What are some other sites to find out more about you and what you love to create?
I recently created a page on PoshMama. This is a fun site for moms to network.


--------------------