Saturday, January 22, 2011

Marvelous Mom! Meet Katrina of The Bitsy Beau


Get to know Katrina of The Bitsy Beau!

Tell us about yourself!

My name is Katrina and I am a stay at home Mom to three amazing children, a wonderful supportive husband and two very big dogs. Most of my days consist of teaching my kids at home, tending to the house and crafting whenever possible. Outside of that I enjoy quiet walks in the country and a little shopping.

What makes you unique?

You would have to ask my husband or kids that question.

What do you love about kids?

Kids are great, they look at things from a totally different perspective. 

What are you currently doing besides your shop crafts?

Besides my shop crafts, I have tried my hand at wetfelting soap.


What is the link to your etsy shop?


What do you offer in your etsy shop?

I offer a wide variety of quality and affordable custom hair accessories mainly geared towards newborns to pre-teens, however; some of my items look beautiful on adults too! I have clips, boutique bows, flower headbands, and more knit/crochet hats coming soon.


Where do you create?

I have taken over our home office to make my creations.

Where do you find your inspiration?

I get inspiration from kids clothing and their personalities.

How did you get started in your current line of business?

It started when I needed to find something to do at home that could bring in a little extra cash. I started making crochet hats and flowers for my neighbor's baby and somehow bows evolved from there. 

How do you promote your business?

I started promoting my business doing local craft shows, joining facebook and the etsymom team. I am hoping to find more promotional opportunities.

What is one of the most important lessons you've learned since starting your business?

Not to get behind on cleaning up my craft messes. I am more creative in an organized space.


What advice would you give someone just starting out?

Be patient!

What are some of your favorite online shops, both etsy and non-etsy?

I have many etsy favorites, but here are a few: Beach Cottage Studio, Sewn SweetsSo Sweet Party, and Paisley Baby. Outside of Etsy I like Pottery Barn.