Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Etsymom's Say Thanks to a SAHM of 6

For those of you apart of Etsymoms you may already know about the promo basket that we are putting together for Dawn, a mother of 6 and author of the blog Because I Said So. Dawn has begun to receive national attention from this blog containing crazy stories about her life and the battles of being a mom to 6 kids. She first gained recognition from an Ebay auction that she listed for a pack of Pokemon cards that her kids slipped into her basket at Walmart. Nothing special about the cards other than the hilarious story that accompanied it. The cards sold for over $100. And her fame has gone on from there. Newspapers from all over the country as well as national tv stations, like ABC, have picked up on the story and are telling the world about it.

Dawn, much like the rest of us, was looking for a way to get some extra income for her family when a friend suggested blogging. Well it paid off she announced recently on her blog that she just signed a book deal and Hollywood is calling for her to write a sitcom based on her life's misadventures.

Anyways one of our members, crochetmaggie, came up with the idea to send her a promo basket, filled with goodies from the Etsymoms. As a thank you for making us laugh and to remember to laugh at ourselves every once in a while too. Not only is this a thank you but a chance to get our names out their to Dawn's readers. She has thousands of readers a day at her blog...

Now when I first took this on I thought great idea, but what are the chances that we will get this to her let alone get some kind of response back. Well I took a chance and emailed her, letting her know about Etsymoms and the basket that we wanted to send to her. I also let her know that I was going to be in town for Thanksgiving (yes I am originally from Chicago) and was wondering if I could meet with her then to deliver the goodies. Amazingly enough she emailed me back and said she was flattered and would loved to meet with me! Yeah, she shoots, she scores! The crowd goes wild! Ok, the Etsymoms go wild!

Oh wait, I didn't get to the good part yet. Not only did she want to meet with me but she asked if I, and the Etsymoms, would be interested in having our products being reviewed on her blog! Now we can do the happy dance! Yes we will be reviewed on her blog if we can work out the details but I don't think it will be to hard to work it out.

Now for those of you who are already apart of this great thing there are some things that need to be decided. PLEASE look to the Etsymom Forum for details. Of course if you haven't committed to sending an item yet there is still time! I need all items sent to me NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 1! If you are interested in participating email me at tpdesign01@yahoo.com or convo me on Etsy.

I can't wait to see how this effects us all!